If you are fortunate enough to have normal skin, take care not to strip it of natural moisture. Skinceutical’s Revitalizing Toner is alcohol and fragrance-free and helps balance, refresh, and restore the protective pH covering while removing residue.
What to Look For In Problem Skin
Oily skin –
• shiny, thick and dull colored
• quite often has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes
• prone to blackheads.
Overactive Oil Glands Caused By –
• hot weather
• some cosmetics
Keep skin very clean without using cleansers or lotions that contain alcohol. Cellex-C Betaplex Gentle Foaming Cleanser is a light lathering cleansing gel designed to remove grime and any other surface waste.
• a low level of oil and prone to sensitivity
• a parched look because of inability to retain moisture
• usually feels “tight” and somewhat uncomfortable after washing unless a lotion or cream is use
• chapping and cracking are signs of extremely dehydrated skin
• wind, temperature extremes and air-conditioning can cause the skin to flake
Do not use just soap and water since this will wash away the natural oils protecting the skin. Apply a gentle cleansing and generous quantities of favourite moisturizer. Mild Cream Wash by Glytone is formulated with glycolic acid to remove dead surface skin cells and reveal a healthy looking, revitalized complexion while balancing the pH.
Why pH is Important
The normal pH for humans is between 4.5 and 6. But as we grow older, the skin weakens and becomes more neutral, not killing as many bacteria. If the value goes beyond 6, then problems can begin.
The importance of choosing a good pH in body care products is significant.
Ordinary soap is one of the worse offenders because most commercially available soaps range from 9-11 which changes the skin to become more alkaline.
• T-zone area includes forehead, nose, and chin
• oil glands are bigger and the pores larger
• other areas include neck, chest, and back where body acne can be common
• cheeks however are dry
It is important to find skin care products that will help prevent breakouts and control oiliness in the problem areas while keeping the rest of the face well moisturized.
You can achieve this by introducing such products as NeoStrata™ 8% Glycolic Acid AHA Skin Smoothing Cream that contains alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s from fruit, milk and sugar cane).
Or retinols (a vitamin A derivative) that can be found in Retinotox, an anti-wrinkle product developed by Amore. Follow directions and you will see the dead skin slough off exposing the healthier ones underneath. Absorption aids in improving the elasticity and the “tight” feeling is gone.
Become an Informed Consumer
All anti aging skin care products should provide adequate protection, stabilization and delivery into the skin. They should be safe and lack potential to cause any harm.